Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bows and Exits Stage Left

Am I a food critic? No.
Am I a foodie? Yes!

I attended Augustine's Restaurant's final service at The Clarion Hotel Cork last night.
Brendan Cashman head chef and owner promised it would delight us foodies with his final menu degustation. We were not disappointed.




Espresso of Mushroom & Truffle
Carpaccio of Monkfish with Fennel & Blood Red Orange
Risotto with Petit Pois and Parsley Oil
Chicken Conommé with Buerre Blanc

Scallop with Ham Hock Terrine
Lemon & Lime Shot

Pigeon Wellington






Blue Cheese


Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Sorbet



I won't even attempt to describe each of the dishes as I would not be able to do them justice with my limited foodie vocabulary and as for the wine which accompanied each course.... that's a whole other blog post.

Am I Wine Connoisseur? No.
Am I a Winebibber? Hell Yeah!




                        "This isn't cooking, It's Alchemy." -Tom Doorley on Augustine's

No comments:

Post a Comment